Work has started on downhill lines (July 19, 2012)
After many months hard fund-raising by the Dean Trail Volunteers, work has now started on the long awaited improvements to the downhill routes at Pedalabikeaway. Over the next couple of weeks:
- Start Ramp (from FlyUp drop-off point to start of Shepskull and Corkscrew) will be upgraded.
- Endo will be completely re-vamped - and will be closed until further notice.
- A completely new line will be put in (yet to be named)
- Endo and the OC will be extended to the carpark...
- The Verderer's and Freeminers will both have new start lines keeping cross-country and downhill traffic separate.
The boys from Back-on-Track are busy with their diggers at the moment, and work to date looks very impressive....there will be some big air available soon!
Watch this space for further news...some of the lines will be closed over the next few days so please pay attention to warning signs and stay off the new trails until they are properly finished. There will also be large machinery operating at any time so make sure you ride within your limits.
Have fun out there.
Click here to return to the News page